Saturday, February 14, 2009

First Friday Video Failure

So you may have noticed I didn't post a video yesterday. Apparently, Windows Movie Maker is not a real, working piece of software. It merely pretends it is. If I want to edit wmv files, I merely have to endure random software crashes. If I want to introduce some AVI files, well, I can hardly expect the program to play video at a particular starting point, now, can I? I also can't expect the software to show moving pictures. That's just silly.

Crashing software makes Mommy cranky, so you can imagine how the rest of my day went after I was recruited to drive three 7th graders to Mall of America to buy an outfit for a party and one 9th grader to IKEA to buy bedroom accessories (we're painting her room this weekend).

It appears I will be using iMovie, which is on the Mac Mini which is attached to our "media room" system. This means I will be able to use the actual knitting video I shot, but none of the webcam video. It also means learning to use a new piece of software, which wouldn't be so bad, except did I mention the Mac Mini is attached to the media room equipment? This is the same equipment that requires three remote controls and the memory of an elephant in order to remember how to turn the system on so I can watch live TV.

This ought to be fun.

No comments: